2019 Career Opportunity for Judges' Clerks
As you near completion of your Judges’ Clerkship, are you looking at private practice as the next step in your career? If you are interested in a law firm position for 2019, consider this…..
At Wilson Harle, we are always interested in adding Judges’ Clerks to our talented team of litigators. Most years, we have had at least one Judges’ Clerk join our firm. The kind of people they are and the experience they have had works well for us. In return, we offer immediate exposure to top quality commercial litigation in a supportive, collegial and collaborative environment.
We are looking for Judges’ Clerks who exhibit the following characteristics which we think will enable them to develop into excellent litigators:
- outstanding analytical and conceptual reasoning skills
- strong intellect and intellectual curiosity
- willingness to learn, including about yourself
- integrity, courage and resilience
- enthusiasm for working collaboratively
- confidence to express ideas and ability to communicate them clearly and convincingly
- capacity and desire to form quality and lasting relationships
- a desire to build a successful career in litigation practice
Wilson Harle is recognised as a leading New Zealand dispute resolution practice by Asia Pacific Legal 500, Chambers Global and has been Awarded Litigation and Dispute Resolution Firm of the Year in the NZ Law Awards for 3 years in a row (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017). We offer the challenge of top commercial dispute and public law work for some of New Zealand’s leading businesses.
At Wilson Harle, you’ll be working directly alongside the partners who have appeared as counsel in the High Court and Court of Appeal, as well as the Supreme Court of New Zealand and the Privy Council.
We’re passionate about our work and about developing New Zealand’s next top litigation lawyers. Our lawyers are exposed to a wide variety of challenging legal work, enabling them to learn quickly, enjoy one-on-one mentoring and training in a collegial and collaborative environment – and have fun!
Applications close: Wednesday 28 February 2018.